Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oscarville Teaching...lifejacket required



Seriously? A life jacket on my teacher's chair? Yepper. Here in Oscarville the only way to travel before the river freezes is by boat, so having a life jacket available is always necessary. Actually, if you would to look around my desk you would find a coat, a pair of gloves, two hats, a face mask, two clean pairs of socks, a pair of boots, a pair of Birkenstocks, and a pair of tennis shoes. By mid August I rarely wear the shoes I wore TO school AT school. The feet must be happy.

I like being prepared and since I do go out at lunch recess I want to be properly dressed for the occasion. We go out when it rains, snows, and even when it is cold (but not too cold: -20 degrees is what we consider too cold). Yes seriously!

Oscarville doesn't have an airport, so even when we do travel by plane we first must take a boat to get to a plane. We are unusual in this scenario because all other villages in our district have airports. Simply put, Oscarville is special.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LIFEJACKET GOOD